We use them here at BuyChimes for hanging wind chimes and for carrying them for photo-taking, sound-recording, etc. Because some chimes' standard hanging rings do not offer a very large grip (especially for the heavier chimes), the carabiner lets us more easily get two hands on them.
This carabiner is made right here in the U.S. and matches the quality of the chimes we sell. It is made of aircraft-quality, 6000-series aluminum alloy, then anodized and laser-engraved with our name. The other side is lightly stamped, "Not load bearing" (though, we are very confident that it is strong enough to hold your chime).
Note: While strong enough for light duty, it is NOT intended for climbing.
All wind chimes we sell are intended for outdoor use and will provide many years of enjoyment. They are made of durable materials and are designed for a long life under normal weather conditions. And most of our chimes are warranted by the manufacturer against defects. These vary according to the line:
- The Grace Note wind chimes come with a 10-year guarantee against breakage.
- The Bells of Vienna, Corinthian Bells, and Gentle Spirits lines come with a 5-year limited warranty against defects in craftsmanship.
- The Majestic Spirits and Shenandoah Melodies lines come with a 3-year limited warranty.
- Arias, Arias Elite and Weatherland chimes come with a 2-year limited warranty.
- Though quite durable and weather-resistent, Festival and Majesty Bells chimes do not have a manufacturer's warranty.
If you purchased your wind chime from BuyChimes and have a question regarding the warranty, please contact us. We'd be happy to look up your original purchase information and give you the manufacturer's contact information for your wind chime.